[RC] Saddle fitting/Government Intervention/Self-Serving "Inventors" - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Karen Nelson knelson4299@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All- I agree with Julie and all the others.
While we are laughing at the pompousness of this company CEO, we must remember
something: Write to the Government Agency!!
All levels of government respond to the public input that they receive:  ie:
the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
If you think this request from this CEO is absurd, and most of us do think so,
then we have to respond as such to the agency we are asked to reply to. Contact
them and tell them to butt out.  We are capable of making individual decisions
of who we deal with and who we don't wish to deal with.
Endurance in particular has a unique problem with saddle fitting, IMO, because
we take green or backyard horses and try to turn them into fit athletes.  In
the process, the horse changes it's physiology many times over.  My temporarily
dormany furballs are way out of shape, but they have "base" on them, so they
will come back when I can ride again.  In the interim, I will have to be
careful of the saddle fit.
A horse that is started in endurance and is butterball turkey fat is a constant
challenge to the rider to keep aware of the changes as the fitness develops.
I have had trouble free support from the saddle provider I have used, and while
I realize not alot of riders do not use Aussie stock saddles, he has been there
when I needed him, over 20 years worth.  That, to me, is the definition of a
man who wants to stay in business and wants to keep his customers content.
There is definately better ways to spend out tax money, and most of us got
involved in endurance because we didn't like the nit-picking rules in the horse
show world.  If we don't stifle this action in it's infancy, we are asking to
be future victims of someone telling us who and how we will fit a saddle and
ride a horse.