[RC] RC: rude riders - Carol Suggs

If everyone could adopt the same happy attitude about ANY event they do, we wouldn't have this problem.  My experiance at our ride this last year was great.  We started 105 riders and I really didn't hear of any folks that were in need of an "attitude adjustment".  My attitude was getting a little frazzled and I may have gotten curt, but I can't say that any riders demonstrated that.

I can't speak for the outside vet checks but at base camp they did run a pulse lane, and it worked very well.  We also did have some novice endurance folks there (me included) but our ride manager had them coupled with experianced people, plus he had experianced people running the checks and supervising the checks, which I can see could get really messed up very easily if you don't have the right folks doing the right jobs.

But I see this with other horse events as well.  As some have said, this is some folks TOTAL LIFE and they take it very seriously.  But come on, in the grand scheme of things, with us being just a dot in the universe...if its not fun, why do it?

The thing for us volunteers to do is just smile and try to comply and if the rudeness continues then I would have to defer to Merryben or Bruce's way of handling the situation!

Carol-Mariposa, CA