[RC] Fw: Epics and EZ Boots - Shirley Nobles

I don't think this was too long, however I will attempt to resend.  Thanks, Mike----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:24 PM
Subject: Epics and EZ Boots

This weekend two of my horse camping buddies and I rode in Bandera at the HC State Park.  Since life has really gotten in the way of taking care of details (no time to get shoes), my horse and I headed west with the intention of stopping at D&D to get a pair of EZ boots.  I've always wanted to try them and they seem to be a good fix for a brief trip to rocky areas then back to the sand at home.  My mare stays barefoot most of the time. We unloaded at D&D where the most helpful sales clerk personally offered to fit my mare with her first set of  Epic EZ boots.    She measured size "O".  The sales clerk tried and tried, even getting another person to  help get these boots on.  They would not go over her saucer shaped hoofs, so she returned with a "1".  They went on nicely then the clerk secured the gaiters around the ankle.  Bad news, they had only one size "1" Epic. Ok, so we'll use the EZ boot for the other hoof, no problem.  We removed the cover from the teeth for good measure.  NOT good.  The next day on our  ride, she lost the regular boot 5 times on a 3 mile trail.  She even spooked out of it at a walk.  The Epic never came off. My one rat study has convinced me to get another Epic.  I have a new (slightly used) EZ boot, size "1" for sale.    Shirley Nobles