RE: [RC] Hyponatremia - Kristen A Fisher

Denise Easterling DVM out of Centerville TX. She's awesome.

From: Tivers@xxxxxxx [mailto:Tivers@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:30 PM
To: kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Hyponatremia

In a message dated 11/3/2005 1:24:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The last ride I did [only a 25, we are trying to work back up to 50s], my mare drank so well, I was amazed. But about an hour after we finished she started acting a little funny - just a teeny bit. I took her over to the vets [who had heard me express amazement about how much she had drank] and one of them suggested I give her 1/2 a dose of lytes and remove her water for 30-60 minutes, after which she was fine. They felt she was a bit overhydrated. I'm not certain, but that could have been the case.

Kristen in TX

Smart vet. Very smart. What's that vet's name? Everybody needs to know who the good ones are.

ti