[RC] Shoeing/Tom Ivers - Cherie

Hi.  I've recently purchased Tom Iver's book  The Fit Racehorse II.  My Arab,
GAA Irish has some interference problems and I've been trying to understand how
to help him.  Also...I have a good farrier who can help me understand what TI
is writing about concerning interference & proper shoeing.   My horse brings
his left rear leg over and to the left (outside) of his body.  His front legs
go straight, but his left leg moves to his right...try to figure out what to do
and only wish that Tom Ivers could see him move.  By the way...the book is
really, really informative for someone like me.  Rode Irish for 9 miles out on
the trail at the Spook Run ride in Henryville over the weekend and he was
wonderful!  Doesn't mind being by himself and spooked at nothing...even when
riders passed us by at the trot!  I was really, really proud of him.  He's
feeling much better since placed on gastro-gard and when I asked him to trot
out fast he did what I asked.  I had to pull back on one rein and ask him to
give his head in order to get him to slow down for me...which he did.   Another
question...how can a horse have such a smooth, wonderful trot if he is
interfering?  He does not have a choppy, short trot.   So...I'm hoping that I
can help his interference problems and can remove his protective boots once he
is in condition.  His interference problems could also stem from not being in
condition/and in proper weight...only time will tell.  Everyone have a great
day!

Cherie Budka