Re: [RC] Red cell adaptation - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 10/30/2005 8:50:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
These changes paralleled the decrease of exercise-induced hemoconcentration (P <0.05) and plasma lactate increase (p <0.05). Conclusions. These correlated changes between plasma and erythrocyte parameters suggest that endurance training reduces erythrocyte susceptibility to oxidative stress.
And....your point would be? ....I'd like to ask one question though....if the only possible way to "win" is to finish first...how do you rationalize Karen Chaton's "success"?  She hasn't "won" in any way shape or form by your standards.  But she has managed to rack up some mileage and finish overall first in a long range kind of plan so I'm curious about how you rate that.

Sylvia