[RC] Tom Ivers - Ranelle Rubin

Fellow Ridecampers;

I find it disturbing and interesting that this character has been allowed to
openly slam others, calling them "cows", "babies" and I am sure a whole list
of other non-flattering names. This list seems to tolerate his behavior in
the name of knowledge. As a business consultant, I have been taught that the
real value of knowledge is when it produces action. How much of the
*supposed* superior knowledge that Mr Ivers has imparted has actually
produced any action? This is not a rhetorical question; I am truly
interested in knowing. Since this non-rider has not to my knowledge been
able to provide me with practical knowledge I can actually take action upon,
I ask this question: "Does anyone have any hard evidence that his advice has
worked for you?"

If the answers show value to his knowledge in that it has produced action,
then I say allow him to stay with the condition that he keep his opinions of
others to himself unless they are of a positive, empowering nature. If the
answers as I suspect show little if any practical knowledge capable of
producing action, let's vote the guy off.

He has slammed many on this list whose opinions I value. There are those he
has slammed who even when I have one finger on the CNTRL key and one on the
D, I read theirs. This is because their advice is sound and applicable to
real life endurance riding. Their knowledge produces action.  Does Tom's?

Gone riding,

Ranelle Rubin