[RC] Arab % in U.S. anglos - Splitters Creek ASHS

Hi all,

From Donna's post a few days ago:

>Someone mentioned that the Emirates were purchasing horses from the
>French, Australia etc.  These comments are for information only, as many
>of you are not particularly interested in keeping up  with the breeding
>behind  many of the endurance horses of today!   The Anglo/Arab is of
>particular interest, but the point I want to make, is the fact that in
>France, the Anglo/Arab is not the same horse as it is in the U.S.
>AHA rules that only 1/2 Arab/Half Throughbred is allowed.

Am I reading this correctly,  in the U.S. Anglo Arabians can only be registered as such if they are 50% Arab and 50% TB?
If so, then in Australia a third type or breed of Anglo exists (2nd being France).  We are able to register as Anglo any % of combinations provided they are comprise Arab and TB.  I'm have Anglos varying from 1/4 to 7/8 Arab blood.  Of course many of those are a different 'type' from the 50/50%.

Regards
Catherine.