Re: [RC] hot shoeing - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/28/2005 10:12:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Clearly if a shoe is hot from the forge, a shoer
isn't going to plunge the hot shoe into cold water, THEN see if the shoe fits as that
would totally negate the several advantages of heating the shoe in the first place
Our shoer does - he takes the extra time to reheat it if it is not just right. He cools it in water, allows the sizzle to go away then fits it against the hoof. If it isnt' right, he heats it again. Usually it only takes him twice but he will do whatever it takes. Sad to say we just moved a few months ago and I miss him SO MUCH! Gonna offer him a monthly getaway vacation here if he will come and shoe our horses:).