Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Selling (buying) horses - Juli Jakub

It is amazing how many of those horses become keepers! I fall in love with alot of them. I have one right now that I will never give up. One because it will be hard to find him a home that will understand him and his issues. Two because he is the sweetest awesomest guy who came back from some major abuse to be a lover of people especially children...how can you sell a horse that has that kind of heart. When I got him I was afraid I wouldn't be able to ever ride him if even touch him! But he came around and now loves to give pony rides, loves to be brushed, loves kids to climb on him. He packs my beginner husband around and only dumps him occasionally! He just is not a show horse. When he gets nervous all bets are off and you have to understand that. If you are on him and for any random reason he thinks you might hit him he bolts...fast! You cannot get nervous and you cannot get mad on him if you do hang on! He gets better every month but I don't trust that someone will REALLY understand his problems and leave him doing what he is good at.

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

I also have one of those thrown away horses. I have a
foundation/ 100% Lippitt Morgan mare. Her former owner has an $18,000 ear
because of this mare, and the previous owner was going to destroy her. I don't
know what happened to her, but if farrier approaches her, she pins her
ears, bares her teeth and lunges for him. After working with her for 6 months, I
can now pick up and trim her feet, but still hates the farrier so I have had to
learn how to trim. She and I just completed our first 50, and I know she
is capable of a 75, maybe even a 100, but for now we are adding our miles up in
slow 50's for a year or so, after her first one, she had all A's at the end, and
looked like she had never left camp. Everyone comments on how beautiful she is, and they all look
surprised when they find out that she is a Morgan.