From: Sherman
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:22 AM
Subject: [RC] Selling horses

Angie wrote:
"I have kept a horse an extra two years trying to get "what it was worth". I finally sold that horse for next to nothing"

This is similar to my neighbor & the Arab/Freisian yearling. She could have sold her as a weanling for $2000, refused 'cause she had so much $$ in her due to vet bills & Foalac (the mare wouldn't take care of the foal), and she expected  to get all her $$ back plus a decent profit. Now a year later, she's having a hard time getting her sold at $1500, has been offered $1000.She's not a breeder or trainer, so in my opinion the filly loses value the longer she holds on to it, as it is bigger & more difficult to handle.

Kathy