Re: [RC] Week End Blues - Sky Ranch

How did they get loose?

Carla
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:57 AM
Subject: [RC] Week End Blues

I would like to thank Micky Newman, the Ohio Park Service Rangers and the Sherriff's Department for all their help in relocating my two escaped mares this past weekend.  My friend and I were looking forward to an easy 15 miles in the Novice division of the Abi Khan Challange at Caesar's Creek, a ctr managed by Micky, when a little before dawn our gelding started yelling.  I got dressed which took about 5 minutes and headed out to feed only to discover that the two mares were nowhere to be seen.  My daughter fed her gelding and I started walking and calling in the direction he was looking.  We searched the woods and fields nearby, calling and shaking a bucket of feed, and paged the local resident farm houses from dawn to 3 p.m., when the ride ended and everyone left.  There was no sign of them so with messages left everywhere, we headed back to KY, an hour and half drive.  Got unloaded and fed the resident herd, cleaned the trailer and called Micky for the local horse auctions to give a heads up .  After replacing the receiver, my phone rings and it is my daughter with glad tidings that the two are tied near by, where we were camped.  Another three hours of driving and they were home, safe and sound.

My theory is the two, after doing the 25 mile, killer ride at Cave Run, KY when arriving saw the same set up--trailers with horses in small corals similar to theirs-- decided they were not going to go through that again.  They hid in the woods until everyone had left, then came out to find their feed buckets.

Daunna Sellers
www.shagya-arabs.com