[RC] travel across 10 Fl to Tx - jufa

Well looks like it is finally really going to happen. We are moving the gang to Tx (north of Houston) and hoping you can get there from here. This is going to happen if all goes as planned in the next 10 days or so. Can anyone tell me for sure if Interstate 10 is open across Ala, Miss, Louisiana into Texas? If it is, especially across those really long bridge spans is it more then one lane? We are not sure if we can get across with the trailers or if we are going to have to cut up to 20, go across and then back down somehow...hope not. We will have two trucks and trailers and with the price of diesel the less miles the better. We will be traveling with 3 horses, 3 dogs and 3 cats and lots of "stuff". I am going to research it on line for a place to stop over about the Alabama/Miss area but untill we know our route its hard to do. We want to go about 11 or 12 hours and find stalls or paddocks for the night for 3 geldings.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Judy
Inverness,Fl