[RC] Suspensory injury - Cynthia Eyler

My gelding has been diagnosed with a mild suspensory injury.  No heat and no thickening.  Started head bobbing today on solid ground when circled for a while on a line, but only if the injured leg was to the outside.  Was very lame yesterday after routine warm-up in a soft dressage arena.  [Had slight, but consistent head bob by the end of our dressage lesson two weeks ago, but no problems with last week's lesson.]

Vet said that the injury is too mild to require an ultrasound and taking measurements.  She showed me how to check for reaction/flinching to pressure on the ligament.  The current plan is for total vacation (but not confinement) for the next four weeks and no dressage lessons for another two weeks after that.

I'd appreciate feedback/suggestions from folks whose horses have had similar injuries.

Cindy