Re: [RC] NAEC question (KarenKroon) - DVeritas

In a message dated 10/19/2005 6:13:27 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, ridesallday@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I was disappointed and delighted, if that's possible, that Jayel Super took the off continent Gold. Super is an east coast horse that didn't make our team because of POINTS. He placed low on our alternate list and most likely wouldn't have competed with Stagg so he was respectfully withdrawn and given to Dom from England to compete.
Darn it if he didn't take the whole thing!!!

NAEC Gold Medal Horse and Rider:  Rokket and Karen Kroon
NAEC BC:                                      Rebel Fire bask and Nicole Chappelle Wiere

For those who don't know much about Karen Kroon, I'd just like to take a moment to say that she is a remarkable horsewoman, a long-time AERC competitor and a member of the U. S. Air Force.  She loaded her horse, Rokket, into the horse trailer, jumped into her truck in Cheyenne, Wyoming and, ALONE, drove 36 hours to participate in the NAEC.  She then, with the help of her Mountain Zone friends who met her in Maryland, rode a fabulous 100 miles on a great horse and won the NORTH AMERICAN ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.  Then, she loaded her horse into the horse trailer and jumped into her truck and drove, alone again, another 36 hours back to Cheyenne, Wyoming...where she unloaded a fabulous Rokket and returned to her U.S. Air Force job.

Her RIDE HISTORY (available online at the AERC site) speaks to her formidability, her horse savvy and her competitive spirit.

Between the Atlantic Coast and the Pacific Coast, from Canada south to Mexico,  horses and riders do what they must to participate in our sport and front winning a North American Championship...Karen Kroon sits atop the mountain on Rokket...

WAY TO GO, KAREN and ROKKET!

Frank Solano