[RC] New horse desperately needs new name! - Julie Fuller

Hey guys, this ought to be fun......

I have a new mare. She is appy/mustang, built just like a short draft horse. Seriously, she is 13.3 and has size 2 feet! She is mostly white, with a bit of chestnut roaning. Her ears are chestnut, and her front legs from the knees down. She's got a nice thick white mane and tail.

She is spoiled ROTTEN, having been an orphan, and bottle fed by a woman who was terrified of her by the time she was two. That was 8 years ago... this mare hadn't been touched since then until Heidi and I hauled her home last month, where she is rapidly learning how to be a horse.

The trouble is, her name is FLIRT! Which absolutely does not work. She's not a flirt... she's pushy, spoiled, stubborn and more handsome than pretty.

I usually name my horses after characters in Star Trek... any version. I thought of calling her "Ro" after Ro Laren, but that doesn't work... sounds too much like No, or whoa, and I'm likely to be yelling at her a lot. *grin*

So, I'm going to let all you wonderfully creative people give me suggestions... I can't keep calling her Flirt, or Fat Mare (cuz she's not, anymore) She needs a name soon, as I am now starting to break her, and gotta have something to yell! *grin* It doesn't have to be Star Trek related.... it can be anything, so long as it fits.

Just to give you a bit of an idea as to her personality, yesterday we put a saddle on her for the first time. She couldn't have cared less... and I wasn't timid with it. I flung it up there, letting everything flap and smack. Not a twitch. When I tightened up the cinch, she let out a squall like a bronc stallion! My daughter and I were in hysterics! She did that twice, but never made a move to kick or jump... she didn't even hunch. She may be opinionated, but she's not one to put a lot of efort into pitching a fit.... so far, anyway. And we've done a lot of stuff to try to push her buttons. She gets !pissed!... so pissed you'd think she just blow up, but she doesn't.

She does something else when she's really pissed: she arches her neck, opens her mouth and shakes her nose side to side, letting her tongue flap. It's hysterical!

Anxiously awaiting your suggestions,

Julie with Natira, Sparrow, Jynxie, Tai, and to-be-renamed Flirt