[RC] right to ride in Missouri - Chastain, Shannon L.

I signed in on the right to ride website that was on ride camp a few weeks ago this is the reply I got from Mr. Talent. Just wanted to let other Missourian know his opinions on the issue. His entire reply is below:

Thank you for contacting me to voice your concerns regarding H.R. 2966, the Right-to-Ride Livestock on Federal Lands Act of 2003. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your views with me, and I apologize for the delay in my response.

I believe it is important to ensure that public access to federal lands is not unnecessarily restricted, so that the public can enjoy our national resources. Some would support restrictions on the use of pack and saddle stock animals on public lands, but there are many Americans who enjoy riding across these lands on these animals and enjoying the scenery. I supported H.R. 2966, which would provide for the management of trails and routes in National Forest System lands for the use of pack and saddle stock animals.

H.R. 2966 was passed by the House of Representatives last year, but the Senate did not take action on the legislation.

As you may know, the 108th Congress has now come to an end. This means that any legislation proposed in Congress during the last two years that was not enacted into law is no longer active, so the Right-to-Ride Livestock on Federal Lands Act must be reconsidered in the 109th Congress. I will support this legislation if it comes before the Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I may be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call or write.