[RC] STOLEN MARE - Lucinda Carpe

My heart goes out to the individual with the stolen mare. The location that the mare was stolen from is suspect. I probably wouldn't let any horses board at auction grounds or fairgrounds etc...too many shady people in and out and not enough security.
When I had trailering issues with my gelding I used to laugh that it was my anti theft insurance policy...but here is a solution...does anyone out there microchip horses? It makes sense.also an acquaintance of mine had an elderly Arab mare that was freeze branded and she actually ID'd her through the Arab registry. She had been told the mare had no papers. the mare was 10 years older then the seller (auction buyer) stated....well to make a long story short...she confronted him and got those papers. But...take home point...that mare was traceable due to her freeze brand on the neck...I don't see anyone doing that anymore./Lucinda