Re: [RC] boarding rules - DESERTRYDR1

Hi Carol, I have boarded my horses for about 12 years, up until recently, and
would never board at a place that limited the hours I could come.  I have
boarded at places that limited the hours the gate was open, but every boarder
was
given a key if they wanted it, and it was understood that you could come and
go as you pleased, as long as you weren't disruptive.  As a former and hope to
be again endurance rider, I would hate to think that if I pulled home from a
ride, and got back after 11:00PM, I  couldn't put my horse in it's living
space.  It has happened to me, and the owner's biggest problem was that I tried
be polite, and pulled around back, but he couldn't see who was out there from
his window, so he got up and came out.  He told me, just pull up and unload
where you normally do, so I don't have to worry about who's out there.  Also
there was the time after foaling when my mare colicked, had the vet out at
11:30PM and I hand walked her until 12:30PM, because it was my first baby, and
was a panicky grandma.

Of course each situation is different, and some people are going to have
rules about hours, and lots of boarders are okay with that.  Just offering a
different point of view.  The most important thing about a boarding contract is
that it suits the two parties involved, and covers the issues that are
important
to them, and may become legal issues if not addressed up front.  JMHO  jeri