[RC] how long does a sore back take to heal? - Marta Kozlowska

yesterday i found my mare w/ a very sore back.  looked closely at the saddle (wintec ap) and discovered that the gullet screw came completely loose so the gullet and the tree were not connected on that side. it seems to fit the area of soreness. i'm thinking/hoping that's what caused it. i don't know how long ago that happened and how long i've been riding like that. i think i recall tightning those screws about 2 months ago. i could just kick myself!
anyway, we're entered into a ride in 2 weeks.  i have no experience w/ sore/bruised backs. should i just withdraw my entry or is there a chance that she might be ok by then? also, how do i know that she's ready to be ridden? is it enough to wait until she shows no sensitivity to hand pressure or should i give it couple extra days after that? i've been giving her 1 g of bute and rubbing sore no more gel on the sore area. any input will be greatly appreciated.
marta

p.s btw, i retightened the screws using lock-tite but i think that this has taught me a lesson to take the time to check teh screws once a week. it seemed like a pain before but seeing my mare in that much pain convinced me that 20 minutes out of my life every week doesn't even began to compare to teh damage i could do to her.

--
god created women so his horses would survive