From: "Jelena Woehr" <jelena@xxxxxxxx>
To: <horsesctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:01 AM
Subject: [CTR] Well... darnit... I bought a horse.

Hi, everyone!

Well, guess what: I bought a horse. Guess what else: He's in Pennsylvania,
and
I'm in Colorado. It's a good story, though, so read on.

I've been working for two years with a horse named Bobby. He was reputedly
crazy and dangerous, but I just couldn't believe such a thing of a horse
that
licked my hands like a dog. It was obviously a pain response, but it took
months to figure out that his hips were locking and causing his hind legs
fall out from under him, and that the bucking we'd heard about was his way
of
trying not to collapse. After I got that puzzle piece, I finally got
permission to ride him. Now he's doing very well and, despite having
narcolepsy and chiropractic problems, back to work on the flat and
preparing
to return to low jumps. Just yesterday, he got his first adoption
application
in two years.

Now here's the kicker. Also yesterday, a horse by the same sire showed up
on a
forum I visit, desperately needing a home. The new horse's name is Embrace
Reality; Bobby's registered name is Payne Realty. Embrace Reality would
have
been sent to a meat auction at New Holland tomorrow if I hadn't done
something
about it. So, for the princely sum of $350, I seem to have purchased
myself a
three year old former racehorse in Pennsylvania.

Shipping's the only problem. Anyone going this way in the next month or so
who
might take him part of the way for a fee?

Jelena Woehr, Flame, and (newly) Embrace Reality (he needs a barn name,
any
ideas?)

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/