Re: [RC] Wintec Users - Chris Paus

My thought on this is that you'd have the gullet spreading, but not panels. It would cause the saddle to be misshapen once you sit in it and ride in it. I think the gullet irons are needed for the integrity of the saddle.

I broke down and bought a Duett saddle for my very wide, no withers mare. I've been very happy with it and she has been too.

chris

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wintec Users: Have you removed the changeable gullets to leave no gullet in there to make it wider? I did that and tried in on this horse that is pretty mutton withered. Seem to fit better. Haven't ridden in it yet. Anyone do this? Will it work??
---------Karla Watson/Oregon

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com