[RC] hurricane rita update - Chris Paus

Thanks to everyone who kept my BayRab baby and her humans in your thoughts during the hurricane in Texas. I finally heard from Athena's owner a couple of days ago.

they did get the horses, goat, and peacocks evacuated to Sealy. she said the worst part was the ambulances screaming up the shoulders of the road with sirens and lights, evacuating patients from Galveston. She said the mares (she has two) were pretty unnerved by that when they got to their land in Sealy.

The horses got a bit banged up from the storm, but nothing they won't heal from... scratches and cuts. All in all, everyone is Ok and they are moving permanently away from League City as soon as they get some buildings up. the horse barn is going up first, LOL...

anyway, several of you emailed me with your concerns and I wanted you to know that they are OK, thank goodness!

I'm hoping someday some of you will get to meet Melissa and Athena. She has endurance hopes for the mare who is now 4.

chris

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com