Re: [RC] Heart Rate monitor usage - rdcarrie

LOL...I'm far from a front runner too...but *can* be a fierce competitor for turtle at times.  :)  Sounds like you'll do fine without a HRM till finances let you get a new one.  Good luck as you move into 50s.  :)

Dawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Julienne <jsrha@xxxxxxxxx>
To: rdcarrie@xxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [RC] Heart Rate monitor usage

Hi Dawn!

Tried replacing the battery (twice) and being hyper-aware of a loose girth..
none of these seem to be the culprit.

The first few times I got the crazy readings I would stop my mare on the trail,
twist her head around, and try to capture her pulse under her jaw to see if the
200+ pulse readings I got were accurate..  (which they weren't - just managed
to annoy my horse). :)

We're not front runners by far (!), so we can usually just walk into a vet
check and be at criteria.

Julienne
& Isabella

http://mail.yahoo.com