Re: [RC] New member - Newbie - susan parmentier

Thanks Becke,
I have checked out the website already, Thanks for the recommendation, I will have to look up some people near me. When I competed in my first ride I conditioned with 2 older horse friends. They both went on the Wolverine Ride also. They rode an appy and a qh. I was happy that even though their horses were a  bit younger and they started conditioning a month or so before me that my mare did better then them. Lol I love those arabs!! I think this sport is meant for me. I just had the greatest time at that first ride.
I was just thinking, to get points and and all the year end points and such, do you get a membership with AERC, UMECRA, and GLDRA?  I also want to get recognized rides with AHA( I know for AHA you have to sign up for there ride program seperately.) Anyways I should probably get going. Thanks again!!

BeckeG@xxxxxxx wrote:
Susan,

Welcome. You might want to go to the Great Lakes Distance Riding Web site @ gldra.org/com or something.  I have it book marked so don't always remember the last.

Anyway, you will find a bunch of people in the UP that you could work with to help you.  Also, our banquet is in Clare, Mi the first of Feb.  and you are welcome to come.  Although, you won't recognized us all cleaned up.

At Novi and at the Stallion expo in March we have a booth with a pamphlet that shows you what you need to do and have.

My mare will be 17 next year.  And I have a 4 year old, so I will be doing a lot of 25's next year.  Hope to see you on the trail if not before.

Becke
Sparta
Tin Cup Spring Ride manager

Yahoo! for Good