RE: [RC] [RC] Commpletion Rate - WEC Compared with AERC National 100 and Tevis - terry banister

In a championship ride, particularly in a wide open course, it is very difficult to get alone
or in a small group of horses where other horses are not in sight. So the horse's
flight reflex stays on signficantly increasing the stress level for a prolonged period of time.
This sets the horse up for problems later.

THAT really makes sense Stag. It is something I struggle with at every ride. And it may have been a factor in the US decision to ride toghether. However, all the horses in this race were dealing with that factor (except the front runners).

And of course, all the other factors mentioned about our "Competition" - Namely the fact that the US riders, for the most part, are individual owners riding personal horses and trying to compete with huge, professionally operated stables and riders who have more money than conscience, as well as the fact that they are competing on their own turf!

So what I want to know is - WHAT THE HECK ARE THE FRENCH DOING (and the Italians) that we are not?!? How is it that they were able to give those guys a "run for their money"?

Terry
"May the Horse be with you"