[RC] WEC Speed - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: barbara bowen bluhorse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it is the UAE that the accusation of "disposable horses" is mainly
directed at...I can attest to their fondness for the animals BUT the way they
are going about "endurance" is reprehensible to us and simply their heritage to
them - the galloping desert steed of their ancestors.  I could be wrong but you
all realize that the UAE team not only changes the names of the horses when
they are imported, but they decide up until the vet in which one to use and who
will ride which horse - a bit of an advantage, no? They can use a horse up in
this race and rest him for a year - it does not matter to them...they owns
literally thousands of horses and hundreds of endurance horses and their stable
of Arabian racehorses that go into endurance when they are done racing - well,
no, they now just keep racing a little slower and a lot furthur.  The WEC/FEI
and AERC are two separate sports.  Flat racing long distances is not endurance
as we know it...the US team did what they thought was right for them just like
anyone does at any ride...the pulls could be completely unrelated to strategy
and congratulations to Becky Harris and Honey  - that is something to be
incredibly proud of...and as for the scoreboard and how the US did - if it is
true that only 64 finished what more does ANYONE need to KNOW about the goals
of the WEC, at least in Dubai?