Re: [RC] Tyfa Mynte--Becky Harris - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 01/27/2005 3:17:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Amazing--The unofficial results place Becky Harris with her great mare Tyfa
Mynte as 20th (first US rider to finish) -- GA Tyfa Mynte is a 1986 mare and
it looks as though she started her endurance career as a 10 year old with @
20 100 mile rides to her credit (with top finishes no less). Dispels alls
those stereotypes. Very cool!  Are there any pix of this horse online?

Erica DeVoti
 I also congratulate Becky and Honey.  Becky and myself started in Endurance together in Ohio about 11 years ago.  We bought our horses at the same time from Denise Shepherd.  Becky bought GA Tyfa and I bought Lotyfa, a mare also about 9 years old and had never competed in anything and I think had only been green broke years earlier.  Lotyfa had gotten hurt as a youngster and never developed (fused hock).  GA Tyfa(Honey) has turned out to be a super horse.  Myntyfa is a full brother to these mares(some of you may remember him from falling off the mountain at Old Dominion and having to be airlifted off and came back to top ten in several hundreds. In fact, Matthew MaKay-Smith bred several of his mares to Mynt after his fall.) I currently have his last baby.  A  three year old gelding.  He is built like Ga Tyfa. Again, congrats to Becky and Honey.

Phil Rash