Re: [RC] riding as a team or not - Magnumsmom

Cindy wrote:

Of course, it would also help if we didn't keep sending some of our?best horses?to the Emirates.?
> Of course, that's easy for me to say since no one is offering very large sums of money?for a horse of mine.

Then again, of the 3 "top" horses I see who were sold over there
and were entered in this race (Shahdon, Mandan, and Glory) none
of them finished.  Shahdon didn't start.  So there's that.

Perhaps they would have done better if their previous owners /
riders had been riding them for the US.  That is an arguement.

OR... maybe selling 3 horses that didn't finish *is* a team strategy.
Hmmm...  <VBG>

;-) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
... who showed dogs in the late 70's when the Japanese were
coming over to buy top dogs for top dollar amounts.  We all
said we wouldn't sell *our* dog... but if a dog can send your kid
through college... well... there is that.

I'm not judging selling horses over seas.  I'm interested in making
sure 6 figure prices for good horses doesn't bring drug infractions
into our own hometown AERC rides.