[RC] Early evening in the desert. - Lucie Hess

Well, friends I missed my ride out to look at the oasis that were built.  It looked like if I went I miught have missed the finish.  I did take photos of the winner, but darn the luck, they didn't get put on the disk...  I am not a digital camera fan.. YET!

There are still horses coming and going.  The Media room is still full of voices all in different languages.  I can not tell you how many people I have spoken to today.. socially... from different countries.  I'd be standing next to some one and ask .. Do you speak english?  I was able to practice my limited Arabic and learned a new phrase.  "good morning".  both the initial comment and the response..  I was able tro practice my Spanish with  the Argentine team.  Steph and Grace Ramsey are  crewing for the Argentines, and I was helping get memory cards from Steph and giving her fresh camera batteries.  Ok back to as much info as I can give you.  I'm sure by now that the top ten horses who chose to stand for best condition have stood, wish I had that info to share.

Mercedes from Argintina finished well around 5:40.  Steph is well pleased!

For the Canadian readers, so far only 1 Canadian pull, not a Team rider, Karen Badger.

So your team is still in!  More later

Do you Yahoo!?