[RC] WEC; Ride em Cowboy -- the US connection to the WEC win! - Lucie Hess

Well, the connection is that Mark Dial, "Cowboy" to those who know him, has been working with this team for quite awhile.   Mark is a great friend and horse man.  I have worked beside him on many rides, local and International.  Mark is also known as the husband of Darolyn Butler-Dial.  Most of you know Darolyn, an acomplished horsewoman in the Endurance World.

One of the things everyone needs to understand is that the first place horse was not from Dubai, Sheik Mohammad's part of the Emerites, this horse was from Abu Dabi.  Of course everyone from the UAE is happy that a UAE horse won, but there is some disappointment that Sheik Mohammad or his family didn't win.  They are clearly the Local favorites.

I was able to see Murdoch finish.  I'm not sure of his placing, we will have to wait for the offical results, but I think he may have top tenned. If he is top ten, he can stand for best condition.

To tell the truth.. those front runners sure looked pretty good.  I'm gonna go check on what data we can get.  Right now it looks like we can get the results from the last vet gate, but not the finish.  Some rules who knows????

Any way, a great day to be in the desert waching a thrilling horse race.  And you know in Endurance as we saw today, "It ain't over til it's over"....

Do you Yahoo!?