[RC] Legislation to reverse Burns Amendment - mustang bill - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Kimberly Price kprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Good News! Legislation has been introduced (1/25/05) to reverse the Burns
Amendment to the Wild Free-Roaming Horse and Burro Act. As you know, the Burns
Amendment opens the door to the slaughter of thousands of our wild horses.
Please write your U.S. Representative urging them to co-sponsor H.R. 297,
introduced by Reps. Nick J. Rahall (D-WV) and Ed Whitfield (R-KY), which would
restore the prohibition on the commercial sale and slaughter of wild horses and
burros.

Letters should be addressed to: The Honorable [Name Here], U.S. House of
Representatives, Washington, DC 20515. Visit www.AHDF.org to identify your
Representative. Please note that letters sent via physical mail make a stronger
statement than emails, which are too easily dismissed. It is also more
effective to personalize your letter with your own words. Scroll to the bottom
of this email to see a letter template provided for your convenience.

Dear Honorable ______________:

I am writing to urge you to co-sponsor H.R. 297 introduced by Representatives
Nick J. Rahall (D-WV) and Ed Whitfield (R-KY). This Bill reverses the amendment
to the 1971 Wild Free-Roaming Horse & Burro Act stealthily introduced by
Senator Conrad Burns as a rider to the 2005 Appropriations Bill. If allowed to
stand, the Burns provision will lead to the slaughter of thousands of wild
horses for human consumption abroad.

Our wild horses are a vital part of our national heritage. The law that was
enacted for their protection thirty years ago was the result of a greater
public outcry than over any issue except the Vietnam War, and was passed
without a single dissenting vote. I am extremely distressed over the fact that
this law enacted by the people for the people was eviscerated without so much
as a hearing or opportunity for public review.

I respectfully request a prompt response from you stating your position with
regard to H.R. 297 which would restore the prohibition on the commercial sale
and slaughter of wild horses and burros.

Signature
Name
Address

Trina Bellak, Esq.
Thanks for Caring -- American Horse Defense Fund, Inc.
www.AHDF.org
866-983-3456
In Numbers There Is Strength - JOIN AHDF TODAY http://www.ahdf.org/join.html