[RC] Crewing LD at Wickenburg - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jenny Powers jmpowers@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is generally a 1 hr hold for LD at the vet check. Weather may affect this
so be sure to attend the Ride Meeting Friday evening to learn parameters. There
is time after the meeting for newbies to ask any questions they have.

Bring a cooler, rain is predicted, could be a chilly morning. Feed is provided
at vet check but it may be crowded. Bring what your horse is used to eating
(grain, hay, carrots, etc.). Food and drinks are available for riders.

You will need to drive yourself to the vet check or find another crew person to
go with. Maps are available at ride meeting.

You may ask for a courtesy PR check when the PR person is not busy. This will
tell you if the horse is ready to be checked in. If not, PR person will suggest
when to return.  You do get a second chance to pass the PR criteria. If your
horse does not pass the PR criteria within the time limits specified by the
vet/AERC then you will be pulled. Ask any questions you have after the ride
meeting so timing is clear to you before you get to the vet check. Horses that
are pulled are trailered back to base camp. Volunteers will give you
instructions on where to wait.

If you live in the Phoenix area we have an endurance club with over 20 members.
Several members have placed regionally and nationally in 2004 and many of our
horses have 1000+ miles. We would be happy to mentor your efforts as you enter
the sport. Please feel free to email me directly at jmpowers at wyndham dot com