[RC] Questions: crewing/ 25 mi/ Wickenburg Ride 1/29/05 - DRG1

Hi all,

I’m a newbie here & have some questions. Please help!

I am crewing for my hubby for the 25 mile Wickenburg ride this Saturday 1/29/05. We have never crewed, never seen a 25 mile endurance ride so not sure how to proceed. I have been unable to contact the RMs thus far. And, the closer the ride gets, the more questions I am having!

The vet check is 12 mi from basecamp. But it doesn’t say if it’s a 1 hr hold, or you just cruise in, pulse down & go on. So I’m not sure if  I should bring anything to the vet check (if anything???)

Typically, are they 1 hr holds in a AERC 25 miler?

Do I drive there to the Vetcheck, or do they give the crew a ride?

If my hubby’s horse doesn’t make pulse criteria, does he get a second chance & they check pulse 15-30 min later?

If my hubby’s horse doesn’t make pulse criteria at all, does he still ride him back to basecamp, or they trailer back?

Sorry for the dumb questions & I know this is only a 25 mile ride. But we are trying to use this as a “Dress Rehearsal” for longer rides & getting organized as if it were a longer ride.

We don’t know anyone who does NATRC or endurance so theres no one else to ask.

Thank you in advance for your replies!