RE: [RC] Arizona here I come. - Alison Farrin

Just since you’ve gotten a lot of interesting answers and mine is a bit different, I’ll toss it in.  Weather forecast for the ride is low of 50 high of 84.  Given that, I’d have a sweatshirt on over a t-shirt until it came time to mount up, then I’d ditch the sweatshirt.  I’d be cold for 10 minutes, then riding will have warmed me up.  Send a windbreaker in your crewbag.

Do slather on the sunscreen and keep the chapstick handy.

I don’t think you will find the water situation THAT different.  You still sweat in both climates, its just that it dries in the SW.  I feel that I need to drink MORE when its humid – should be just perception, as those temp levels will not cause the water loss from your lungs that someone else mentioned happens at lower temperatures.

Have fun – sorry I won’t be there to meet you!

Alison A. Farrin

Hey guys,

Looks like I'm really getting to come to the Man Against Horse ride so this is my *one* chance to meet some of you Southwesterners. :-)) I needed to go west anyway to help my daughter drive home from her summer job and Bruce Weary and his wife have invited me to do the ride with them. Can't turn that offer down!!!! Please introduce yourselves. I don't remember names AT ALL, but if you mention a conversation we've had, I'll remember. If I've made you mad before pretend we haven't talked. I won't remember the name so that's not a problem. I'm open to any advice on how to get a Southerner through a desert ride. For instance, what do you start the race wearing in the AM? I hate to do it, but I guess I'm leaving my sponge at home. Don't know what I'm going to do with my right hand all day. >g<

Angie

CONFIDENTIAL
This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.