[RC] The desert vs the humidity of the SE - Laura Hayes

Angie- glad to hear you are getting to ride-

I have found the desert much easier to ride in than the humidity of the SE.  Just start with a sweatshirt you can toss at lunch or tie on. The biggest difference I have found, is that the dryness really causes me to drink alot.  I never carry water in the NE or SE, unless it is a 100 miler, but in the West, you will need water.  I don't like camel backs or fanny packs, so I use a saddle pack with bottle holders - make sure if you start with a camel back, you are ok with it- it is tough to carry.  Three 16 ounce bottles every 25 miles were about right, but I am bigger than you!!!!

Have fun.  I will be riding with Bruce at Grand Canyon next week FUN!!

Laura Hayes