From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike & Laurie Hilyard
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:49 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Vitamin supplements

My horses are still comfortably eating nice green grass and clover in their pasture, but winter is approaching, with some older hay (2004) they'll be eating.  For years I've used Vita Plus to make up for vitamins lost in processing and storage.  This year, that will cost me about 43 cents per day per horse.  Does anybody know of a cheaper route to get roughly the same thing?  I don't feed sweet feed,  just cracked corn and oats (maybe a half pound total grain per horse per day) so the powders fall right through and won't work.  What do others use?

Laurie in Clare