[RC] sweet itch - sandy . l . holder

We've been battling this skin 'junk' for well over a year and FINALLY found what works.  It may be that you don't have to go to this extreme but after all the cost, time and aggravation, this is what finally is working for us.

Maloseb shampoo = from the vet, wash legs twice a day, let set for 10 minutes, rinse, dry off the legs with a towel (separate small towels to avoid cross contamination)
Mometomax = from the vet (it's relatively new so if you can't get any, let me know and I'll get some for you), apply only onto dry legs - it only takes a small amount and you'll only use a small amount because its expensive.

After washing her legs, once or twice a day for over a year, picking scabs, not picking scabs, trying every conceivable 'recipe' and spending over $2,000 on trying to fix it (between different vets, UC Davis and all the meds we've tried), we finally are on the home stretch.

Good luck,
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.