[RC] California Recreational Trails Committee - Jeannie Gillen

The CRTC is meeting in the Eureka/Arcata area of California on October 26 & 27th.  The committee is comprised of 7 members appointed by the Governor to advise State Parks on Trails...One of our sub-committees is a Conflict Resolution Committee that addresses concerns among the hikers, bikers and equestrians....The CRTC Plan for Trails encourages Multi-Use where appropriate, and we attempt to help users get there. We provide a clinic at all of our meetings, wherein we facilitate a discussion, demonstrate needs, and then go out on trail together to practice what we have learned.....We found it to be valuable to all user groups, and encourage your participation if you are in the Eureka/Arcate area.  Our clinic will be on Thursday the 27th at Cuneo Creek.  It is free of charge, but I will need to know how many people, horses, bicycles to expect.

Please contact me via e-mail if you are interested and available.

Also, we will be having our 2006 Annual State Trails Conference in the LA area.  We will be doing a Clinic at Malibu Creek State Park....again, we would welcome your participation.

Jeannie Gillen,  CRTC Chair