[RC] Direct sales versus Amazon - Marinera

Jackie has mentioned that both her book (American Endurance Rides, the Ultimate Guide), and mine (Ten Feet Tall, Still) sell on Amazon.  They do, but, for those interested, I would have a suggestion.  It is more beneficial to me and Jackie (and, hence, our sport) if you buy directly from us.  Amazon sells my book for $21.21.  But they only send me $11.23 which covers my costs, but does not leave much left over to donate to trails. In my case, if you buy directly from me I will charge you $24.95, but all the profits go to the AERC or WSTF.  Interestingly, Barnes and Noble sends me $17.47 for every one they sell. I cannot explain the disparity between Amazon and B & N except B & N asked me what discount I would give and Amazon did not ask but rather told me.
Jackie's book is a winner from the very start and I urge you all to take advantage of the wealth of information it contains.  You will not regret this purchase.  Julie Suhr