[RC] Increasing Income-Follow your passion (OT) - Ranelle Rubin

Hi fellow endurance riders,

Like Lee, I chose to take the path less taken and go independent. For a
year, I managed a dental office, rode horses (but not much), took care of my
11 yr old son as a single mom, and developed a client base as a consultant.
I cut every expense I could. I called tree removal services and picked up
free wood to heat my house. I planted a huge vegetable garden. I harvest,
dry and store fruit from the orchard. I live in a modest house on a ranch,
so no fancy boarding stable for me. My horses love it here on irrigated
pastures anyway.

If you have a lot of experience at whatever you do, and have a passion for
teaching others, go for it! I am amazed daily at how much I have to offer
young inexperienced Drs and their teams in terms of communication skills,
systems in the office, accounting practices, software efficiency, digital
imaging technology (I spent two years as a software trainer), etc. At first
I lacked confidence in what I had to offer. I no longer feel that way. You
can either find a company who needs your expertise like I did and associate
with them, or go it alone.

PS, I also feed Dynamite which I believe keeps my horses healthier with no
vet visits for illnesses.

I have literally tripled my income from that of a dental office mgr.

What do you have a passion for in life??

Ranelle Rubin