[RC] Fw: Injury - sandy . l . holder

Sorry but I forgot to copy ridecamp on this.  By the way, grandkids are now 12 months later riding my friends appy that had as UC Davis put it, "shredded" his deep digital flexor tendon.

Thanks,
Sandy

Wendy,

Here's the link to BioScan which is the light wave therapy that Lanie used.

http://www.bioscanlight.com/

Her protocol was fairly simple, 3 months stall only, 3 months stall and paddock, 3 months hand walking, retested at UC Davis, still some lesions but greatly diminished.  By the 9th month, quite of bit of the swelling was gone; however, there is still some 'wind puffs' fluid filled pocket just above the fetlock that didn't go away.  She started riding him at a walk only in the arena at the 9th month and continued the BioScan.  12 months later she was up to a trot and retested at UC Davis - he was 'healed'!  I've got a message into her to see if there's anything I missed but it really happened cause I saw it myself!  Oh, and throughout the process, she stalled one of her other horses next to him (they could see each other through the bars of the stall wall) just to keep him 'relatively calm'. . .

Good luck!!
Sandy

Hi,
I read your post on Ride camp (above) and I would be extremely interested to know your friends rehabilitation program.  My daughters horse had surgery the end of May and I’ve been somewhat left on my own to determine his rehabilitation program.  While the vet has given some good instructions I do believe there is something ‘better’ than what I’m currently doing.  BTW, he had Annular Ligament Dysectomy.  I stall rested him for 2 weeks, no walking at all.  After that I continued stall resting him with daily walks (twice) about 10 minutes each.  After 3 months of this I finally put him out in to a small paddock.  He seemed to be doing fine but I’ve noticed that he does have some swelling & heat again.  I put him back on stall rest with cold hosing & wrapping daily again.
I’m nervous that I may have turned him out too soon.  Anyways, I would be VERY interested to know your friends rehabilitation program.
Thanks for your time – appreciate it!
Wendy

'ȳ{gq'ۭ8^wf+myج{^םyr~^'+r!b+u޲ǝjwfk'(֢'~'^ؚ+vfz { ޶h*'v+,zhjبǨ~jHڟ&*'zޖ&q멢{aȧ~jبz(+z{b'^Z^{^ם"'+)bn+^tqyaȧz讙^jǜ{Zrazǧuڝ^^j׫_'(zǰj׫x*(,Ⱡޕb+^vXn)b*Zޮb