[RC] Places to live - Lynette Helgeson

>One more thing - saying people should not live on the coast is pretty

>funny.  What about the entire Mississippi and Missouri and Ohio

>drainages, which flooded a few years ago?  What about the Tornado Alley

>areas of our country?  What about California and the entire west coast,

>vulnerable to earthquakes, mud slides,   catastrophic fires.  What about

>the forested areas, vulnerable to fires?

Where exactly is a 'safe' place to live?

North Dakota? Let’s see, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no big fires -(no forests), no big floods because we have no big bodies of water. Although we have had a couple of rivers flood a couple of cities in the past, but nothing with 100 + winds with it. No big tornados, just little ones. No volcanoes, ........did I miss any kind of natural disasters that can cause a lot of damage and take hundreds of lives?  The worst we get is blizzards, but you stay in where it is warm, wait it out and then when it is over go play in the all the new snow. (ok and you also have to shovel your car out so you can get back to work).

Lynette Helgeson