[RC] Some info re the Board - Laura Hayes

In all this 'conspiracy-theory-the-board-is-hiding-things' talk, you are forgetting that Board meetings are open to the members.  I started going a year before I ran and have never seen more than about 4 people other than elected board members in the room - and this has been at the convention, when there were hundreds of members in the hotel.

At one point Mike Maul asked how many people would be interested in a live (ok, there is a name for this...) web broadcast of meetings, and as far as I know, only one or two people were interested, so it didn't fly.  Also, for those of you who feel out touch with the board; how many times have you read the minutes of meetings?  They are on line from the 80s to the present.

I can tell you with certainty, when considering issues, a BoD member's region, or in the case of DaL-the whole of the organization, is taken into consideration by that member.  We frequently table issues to get more imput.

Please guys, don't see the BoD as 'the bad guys' we love this sport and care about where it is going - we have a great group who works well together and gets things done- I have worked with many dysfunctional non profits, and can spot one a mile away. Trust me, this is one good organization.

I would gladly sit down in person, or have private email conversations with anyone who was interested in our issues with the budget, or any other issue of interest to the membership.  I would prefer one on one conversations.  I will be at Shut Up and Ride, Aquilla Run, Peace Point, Grand Canyon, Ft Valley, Spook Run, and maybe Carolina - that is four regions and two countries....I'll carry my papers with me in case you want to talk.

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741