Re: [RC] News from Louisiana - VERY OT - SandyDSA

Seems to me that if the our government at ALL levels would find the character and gumption to shave off the pork they attach to every bill (you should SEE what they attached to our earthquake bill in 1994!!!) PERMANENTLY, this sort of thing could both be relieved much faster now and also be avoided in the future. The greedy, self-righteous, trough-feeding persons of politics - there MUST be one good one somewhere but so far - anyone know someone they can put the squeeze on? Well, the groups we have found over the past few days that are FASTEST and most efficient with their funding are:

Red Cross
Lutheran World Relief
Salvation Army
World Vision

Hmph to peeps who don't think much of religious organizations. Look at that list. Thank God for those groups - and the people who pay for, staff and support them. And hey, if you get BORED this weekend, tune in to Jerry's telethon. Even if you think the medical research industry is a joke, they are taking donations for Katrina as well. You might think like I do - people should have gotten out when they were told. The government shoulda braced that levee...etc. Shoot,just go write a check cuz if you are on this list, you are probably better off than those peeps down there. Wish someone had stepped up for peeps during the quake. So...write a check - or tow or three, thank God you are on terra firma, then go hug your pets