Re: [RC] FW: Ham Assistance in Aftermath of Katrina - Chris Paus

One of my concerns right now is all the money  going to the Red Cross. Do they actually do anything to really help people?

Kansas Citians have raised more than a million dollars for the RC. I'm going to donate my money to a group called Heart to HEart International which is run by local doctors. They are  doing real work, taking real medicines, baby diapers, personal hygiene items and food to real people.

I've heard too many stories about the RC to  have much faith in them. Last year, a friend of mine experienced  a devastating tornado in the town near her country home. She said that a ton of money was raised to give to the RC, yet Rc never showed up in that town. Did not help the homeless, did not donate food or supplies, did not help in the rescue or clean up efforts.

Where did the money go?

I think Americans are very generous people and even if we're having our own hard times, we'll give what we can to help people in times of need. But we need to be careful where we send our money to make sure it really does some good.

I might be all wrong about the RC and if someone here is involved with it, please set me straight.

chris

Kathy Ramspott <kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
....and to add insult to injury is anyone else wondering where all our
tax dollars are going???

Kathy R - SE