[RC] How to HELP Horses/Mississipi - beth glover

Hi friends;

I was awakened this morning by my clock radio...NPR, guarenteed to make you jump out of bed. I turned on CNN while I was still laying there, and saw the piece on the poor people in Waveland Mississippi. The roads are clear enough for them to return to their homes, which are only piles of rubble. It is heartbreaking. A little farther up the road, is the home of some Doctors, the Bradfords. Its a nice brick home, so it is partially intact. In their front yard are dead miniature horses. The Dr. was crying on TV for help from the American Miniature horse Association to help save his surviving minis. They are starving, there is no HAY!

I was crying to see it, that is the last straw. !!!  If I lived anywhere close to there I would have volunteered my services as a nurse, or drove my truck down with supplies, I would have taken my horse trailer with a load of hay for these people. There must be many more!!!!

 I am IMO, sickened at the bumbling ineptitude of the way the government is handling the human tragedy in New Orleans.   SEVENTY buses to evacuate the superdome....excuse me, when we take the kids on a fieldtrip to the museum there are over 70 buses at the museum! And we get all those kids loaded up, to and from the place in an hour or so. That is just one example. You have all seen what a stupid insane mess it is down there. Insane how our government is handling this disaster. Useless!!!   I can tell you as a nurse that a lot of those people slogging around in that water are gonna be dead soon from diseases.

AS Horse people, it is apparent that NOBODY is gonna help these people with horses, except us. It is our jurisdiction.  Apparently the American Miniature Horse Association is flooded with calls and they have a response plan on their website.   It is www.amha.org    you can send an email to their representative,   alison@xxxxxxxx    If you click on their website, you can send a donation to rescue the Bradfords, through a paypal donation.   I don't know if there are other people needing hay and help in those areas, I would hope that it is posted on ridecamp if there are specific people needing help moving horses and so forth.

To make this endurance related....we are the ones with the big trailers, and we are acclimated to heat!  We also know how to physically handle dehydration and so forth, we as distance riders are trained, and can share our knowledge.

Thank you riders!   This is one way of making up for the bad things people do, like to poor Dixie the horse whose tail got burned off, as posted by Jim!

Beth Glover

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=