Re: [RC] Magnesium supplementing...etc. - Chris Paus

The doctors put me on slo mag for heart palpitations. it's amazing how well it works! And a lot cheaper and probably safer than heart regulating drugs.

chris

Amy <scharmen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone here supplement their own diet with Magnesium? I became
interested in it for my own health about a year ago when I was seeing more
and more information about deficiencies and the symptoms of those with
deficiencies, both in humans and in horses.

I've been taking extra Magnesium and wow, what a difference. I didn't
realize how much of a difference it had made until I ran out of it, lol! I
am much less likely to feel frustrated, angry, and anxious with the extra
Magnesium. And it's not like I sat around before stewing or anything, but I
can handle the extra stresses thrown my way better now.

I did supplement my horses with extra Magnesium for awhile as I have an
ultra spooky morgan and didn't notice a change in his behavior. We've since
ran out of the supplement and started a natural horsemanship program going
back to the very basics of horse training and that is making a HUGE
difference, it's thrilling! I bought him as a 14yr old pasture pet and
assume that he was probably trained to be a HOT head in the show ring and
became TOO hot to handle and then started to get bounced from home to home.

But I definitely wouldn't discount a Magnesium deficiency or other
vit/mineral/diet imbalances when dealing with behavior issues.

Amy