Re: [RC] help name this colt! - Mary Ann Spencer

Suggest you check an Arabic dictionary or perhaps online?
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:29 PM
Subject: [RC] help name this colt!

I got two awesome colts this year by my stallion, Corary Szybki. Both will be big and sturdy enough for heavyweight riders.

We affectionately call them The Black and Flame. The Black is a very dark black bay, as dark as a horse can be without being true black. He's the one I'm having trouble naming. It's like he's black with brown points instead of brown with black points! He has a perfect star on his forehead. He's built like a TANK. In fact, that's what I've been calling him because he's so sturdy. But that name doesn't really sound all that nice rolling off the tongue.

His half brother is a golden chestnut. We're naming him Szybki's Bright Flame. His white face markings look like a taper candle with a flame on top. He was easy. He named himself.

The Black, I've struggled with for an official name. My grandson wants to call him Szybki's Shooting Star because moments before he was born, a shooting star streaked across the sky. But that sounds so common. And we already have a "Star" here. Does anyone know the Arabic translation for Shooting Star? That might work.

I've also thought of registering him as "Szybki's Almosttheblack." LOL...

Give me some ideas here folks! Who knows, this may be somebody's champion endurance horse some day!

We've had him DNA tested for color. He's H/H A/a, I'll be registering him as a bay with the A/a, but people will call him black.

You can see the boys here:  They are three months old. High time to have official names!

Thanks!
Chris

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com