[RC] Gorgeous George - cowgirgoof

What can I say?? My heart hangs very heavy this morning upon learning of George's death.
A tear escapes even though I am at work and have to appear normal...

I have known thousands of horses in my 25 years of working professionally with them. I've owned one special one myself, but none quite as unique or as courageous as George.

There is something very different about horses that are raised in the wild. They have an innate sense of self, and a strong will to preserve themselves as they are meant to be. You will rarely find a type of horse like a wild one who seems to know exactly what he needs to take care of himself while on trail or after a ride is over.
They are cautious, yet not spooky. They are curious, yet somehow "stand-offish". They win you over without trying hard; just by their very nature.
To know one well is an honor, and I am priveledged to have known George and to have been able to share the Tevis trail with him last year.

My friend, my mount, may you climb Cougar Rock onto the Rainbow Bridge on the other side...

Becky

Thanks again to Ed and Kathi for helping me to achieve a dream on such an incredible animal